Monday, October 09, 2006

Everyone has a mate called Badger. Or at least knows someone with a mate called Badger. I've been assured that this is fact, so feel free to distribute that particular piece of knowledge. My Badger lives back in Grantham, where I grew up. He sent me a text the other day saying "I hear there's a picture of you in MORE magazine...?"

I was kind of hoping no one would notice. Actually I was hoping more that the picture would get cut from the magazine, as surely my inane gurns would cause outrage and dismay. But the picture did get published, and my mate on the other side of the country found out about it from an ex-girlfriend. What are the chances? Both of Badger actually having an ex-girlfriend and of her seeing the picture. (Just kidding dude, before you go texting me saying "I hear you've been slagging me off on the internet...)

So yeah, I am in MORE magazine. And no doubt my picture is adorning the walls of teenage girls across the land. Or not. For as anyone who has seen the picture will testify, I look like I'm choking back a mouthful of vomit. Maybe I was? I can't remember.

A girl at work saw the article and picture and told me that it had given her hope. Apparently if I can get in More magazine, then she can achieve anything she wants. I'm not sure if she meant that in a nice way or not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy H said...

I have nothing to say, except that I have no idea what MORE Magazine is.

I am really just attempting to be the first person ever to comment on here.

7:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the only Badger in fair Grantham town, as far as i know anyway. I am a veritable Chesney Hawks No.1 of Badgers. None other count, apart from the animal kind obviously.

Your ex-friend, publicist, massouse and all round top geezer.

Badger

11:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home